Continuing to serve you through Coronavirus
19th March 2020
During the Coronavirus pandemic we’re focussed on maintaining an ongoing level of service and support for you (our customers). With staff working from home, we may take longer to respond than usual. But we do have plans in place to try and reduce the impact. We’ve outlined the key details of our plan below.
How we’ll continue to serve you
- Our customer service team is now home based. The best way to get in touch is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This may lead to slight delays in getting back to you, but we’ll try our best to get in touch as soon as we can.
- We’ve decided to postpone smart meter installation appointments due in the next 12 weeks. Meter engineers will only focus on emergency situations, so access to energy is available where it’s essential.
- We’ve also postponed all non-essential metering work. Examples of non-essential jobs are: new connections, re-connections, non-emergency meter exchanges and meter readings.
- We may ask for meter readings, but only if it’s safe to do so, and in line with government guidance on you attending your property.
What does Coronavirus mean for security of our electricity supply?
- As part of Drax, our generation assets are part of the Critical National Infrastructure and we’re an Operator of Essential Services. We feel confident that we can maintain the security of our electricity supply.
- If you have an issue with your electricity supply, please contact your local Distribution Network Operator by calling 105.
We recognise some businesses may struggle during this period of uncertainty, so if you’re having difficulty paying your bill, talk to us about what help is available from the Government. They’re providing support, including loans and grants. Visit the Government website or Business Debtline to find out more.
We’ll continue to follow government advice, and keep you updated on any changes that take place as the situation develops.
If you are having trouble paying your bill or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.